Freeciv Battle Royale

It's 5am again and you are still sitting in front of your computer and chatting with some tv's while watching a bloody duel? Welcome friend :)
Derpster

Freeciv Battle Royale

Post by Derpster »

You know how they have events with mainstream civ games where they pit all the AI against each other? What if we did the same with Freeciv, with all 50 nations on a giant earth map competing to be the last one standing! I had this idea for a while, but never had the means to do it until I redownloaded freeciv today. If you like this idea I will set to work on creating a giant earth map to use with the default ruleset.
petroglyph

Re: Freeciv Battle Royale

Post by petroglyph »

No one ever took up this idea? Seems like fun.
barg

Post by barg »

that would be epic af
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Well, if the problem is the lack of huge Earth map, there's the 1870x720 one in GM1530 scenario pack.

Should not take many minutes from anybody to launch such an autogame.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

cazfi wrote:Well, if the problem is the lack of huge Earth map, there's the 1870x720 one in GM1530 scenario pack.
Did a quick test, and that map might be a bit TOO big. With just 50 players, I had to scroll map for couple of screenfuls to find first player.
wieder
Elite

Post by wieder »

It's not 100% same thing but there is a Royale ruleset used at https://freecivweb.com/ and it has been there for a while now. It's for more regular games but I suppose it could be used for AI games even while the AI can't really handle some unit classes that well.