Strangest thing I've ever seen in FreeCiv

It's 5am again and you are still sitting in front of your computer and chatting with some tv's while watching a bloody duel? Welcome friend :)
eekee

Strangest thing I've ever seen in FreeCiv

Post by eekee »

freeciv-pirates-tiny-lake-zoom.png
:lol:

It's funny now, but I'm sure it's going to annoy me later. Maybe I'll surround it with fortifications.

Also, hi everyone!
JTN
Elite

Re: Strangest thing I've ever seen in FreeCiv

Post by JTN »

I'm afraid I'm a spoilsport and squashed this in 2.5.5: bug #24458.
eekee

Post by eekee »

Ah! I must just missed getting 2.5.5. I updated on July 6th after not playing Freeciv for years. :lol:

Hmm... does the fix mean pirates won't spawn even in a huge lake? Not that I've ever seen a huge lake, but then I haven't made maps which might have huge lakes since lakes existed...
JTN
Elite

Post by JTN »

In generated maps, lakes are small by definition -- how they are generated is that any generated sea of 14 tiles or fewer is turned into a lake.

A hand-designed scenario could have a huge lake, and yes, in that case pirates would not spawn there.
eekee

Post by eekee »

Oh that'll be all right for me, then.
Linda Dillingham

Post by Linda Dillingham »

[link spam deleted -- JTN]

Hi, I am a new here, but it's really strange thing... :?
Last edited by JTN on Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: post was link spam, but left in place so topic makes sense
eekee

Post by eekee »

Yeah. :lol: It can't happen any more, as JTN said. It didn't appear until quite late in the game, it wasn't long before I could build fighter planes, so I got rid of it with a fighter. My other option was building a city next to it, and building attack ships in that, athough now I think about it, I don't even know if ships can attack from cities. I haven't had the situation arise in Freeciv, that I remember. I played a lot years & years ago, it might have happened then, but in recent years I played Alpha Centauri until I got fed up with a really nasty bug -- transport ships would just vanish with all the units on board. I like to play maps with lots of ocean and the players all on different continents, so it was awful.