Greetings !

It's 5am again and you are still sitting in front of your computer and chatting with some tv's while watching a bloody duel? Welcome friend :)
Nimrod

Greetings !

Post by Nimrod »

Hello Freeciv.org community,

Despite having played Freeciv for many years now, I'm finally getting around to registering onto the forums. This seemed like the right place to say hello and introduce myself.

Many of you know me already from the Greatturn.org community run by Davide. I've been active on those forums a long time, and have contributed to the creation of several scenarios as well as having administered a few GT games too. Davide does a great job and that community is growing, which is nice to see despite recent technical issues.

Prior to becoming involved with GT and playing my first game there (which seemed like an eternity ago!), I also played a lot of pickup multiplayer games on the various servers tracked by the metaserver. My time on those now has diminished, mostly because it's so time consuming playing 3 seperate GT games concurrently ;)

I've also played Warciv/Warclient a few years ago, however I never found that community to be particularly welcoming. I hope things are different here. If they're anything like over at GT then I'm at the right place.

Cheers!
=======
Nimmy
=======
GriffonSpade
Elite

Re: Greetings !

Post by GriffonSpade »

Welcome to freeciv.org forums Nimrod.
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

Thanks, GriffonSpade :)
=======
Nimmy
=======
chill

Post by chill »

Good to see you here, Nimrod!

I too have been playing at Greatturn for the past year and a half and am looking for opportunities for continued play.

chill
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

Hey Chill,

Good to see you again!

In the absence of GT games, for which many are experiencing detox right now ( 8-) ) it seems that the only alternative is LT.

But is that a real alternative, given it's history ?
=======
Nimmy
=======
ifaesfu

Post by ifaesfu »

Hi Nimrod, good to see you here too.
Be sure LT is a good community too, but the games are usually spoilt by a new bug/exploit.
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

ifaesfu wrote:Hi Nimrod, good to see you here too.
Be sure LT is a good community too, but the games are usually spoilt by a new bug/exploit.
Some LT, even exploited LT, is better than no GT :lol:
=======
Nimmy
=======