I need help with units and technology.

Smallpox vs. largepox, gen2 vs gen5, early war vs. peaceful alliances. Which is your favourite gaming style?
DrillPeel

I need help with units and technology.

Post by DrillPeel »

1.Like in the title. Cuz everytime im using a unit and attack unit, unit die/both dies. And this happen even when i play on Handicapped AI. Is there any way to change this?

2.Everytime im playing game, its always like im researching for example, Republic, but AI already research Gunpowder! Should i on start of game choose where i want for my technology tree to come, or manually choose technology every time last research ended?
Corbeau
Elite

Re: I need help with units and technology.

Post by Corbeau »

1. Please rephrase in English. Thank you :)

2. It's about getting better with the game. You need to learn to expand as quickly as possible, place cities, take care of the cities to maximise growth, use workers to enhance terrain, pick techs that give you immediate benefit etc.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
DrillPeel

Post by DrillPeel »

Corbeau wrote:1. Please rephrase in English. Thank you :)

2. It's about getting better with the game. You need to learn to expand as quickly as possible, place cities, take care of the cities to maximise growth, use workers to enhance terrain, pick techs that give you immediate benefit etc.
1.srry my english maybe good but phrasing is bad. You need to analize it word by word and you going to finally see what i meanted.
Ozor Mox

Post by Ozor Mox »

1. Units will always fight until one is dead (unlike for example Civ V). Both will never die at the same time unless the attacking unit is a missile. I think you can middle click to see a percentage chance of killing a unit with the selected unit, except in cities where you have to guess what defenders they have. If you're always losing your attackers, you're probably attacking when you have very little chance of success.
Wahazar
Elite

Post by Wahazar »

If your unit is lost during attack, you will no longer see enemy units (unless there is other unit or your town nearby).
It looks like enemy unit vanishes, but it is still here.
Augmented2 ruleset/modpack for freeciv2.6: http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=91047