Transfering Presets

Smallpox vs. largepox, gen2 vs gen5, early war vs. peaceful alliances. Which is your favourite gaming style?
Arbogast
Elite

Transfering Presets

Post by Arbogast »

(Hope I'm in the right place)
I have installed Freeciv 2.6 r35267 in a new machine Win7 64.
This is the first time I seen this: I have only 4 presets: Prefer food, prefer happy, etc. All 4 start with "prefer".
On my older machine I have a bunch of presets that I got out of the "README.governor" file.
I loath to re-write them and I was wondering is there a way of transferring them from one machine to the other?

Thanks in advance.
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Re: Transfering Presets

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

In your application data folder (which can be reached by pressing Win+R and then typing %appdata% including the % signs), there should be a file called .freeciv-client-rc-2.5, as well as a folder called .freeciv containing a file called freeciv-client-rc-2.6. Those are plaintext files, so it should be possible to open them with e.g. Notepad++ (I don't recommend using Windows's built-in notepad, ever, but it might work as well if there's nothing better). At the bottom of both of those filed, there should be a section titled [cma], containing the entries number_of_presets and preset. You should be able to transfer your presets by copying that section (with both entries) from .freeciv-client-rc-2.5 to .freeciv/freeciv-client-rc-2.6.
~ AVL