Looking for earth map which is not twisted

Smallpox vs. largepox, gen2 vs gen5, early war vs. peaceful alliances. Which is your favourite gaming style?
flundaman

Looking for earth map which is not twisted

Post by flundaman »

Hi,

I am new to freeciv and would love to play a huge earth map. Not as small as the one which is included and not as big as the one wich is about 500 fields wide. Has anyone a suggestion for me? I searched for hours and didnt find too much.

Also - the earth maps I found are not similar to those in the official civs, they all are 'twisted', or 'rotated' - i dont knwo how to describe it. But if I look at europe, it looks completly weird to me. The minimap shows the earth correctly, but it aint displayed like that in the main game. I dont know whether I can rotate that in the game, whether its a feature, or what ever. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

thx
louis94
Hardened

Re: Looking for earth map which is not twisted

Post by louis94 »

Hello,

For the "twisted" problem: try a different tileset, such as "trident" (Game > Options > Client Options). You'll get retro graphics, but the rotation will be gone.

In 2.6, I can see at least three Earth maps (maybe some of them come from the modpack installer), from a very small 80*50 to a giant 1850*720. In between, there are 120*60, 160*90 and 500*250. That's a lot of choice already…

Louis
flundaman

Re: Looking for earth map which is not twisted

Post by flundaman »

hey,

thx for your reply. the modpack gave you the maps, i installed it by now.

but somehow i cannot get comfortable with the twist thing.... retro graphics... i rathern ot... but sill thanks a lot!