Military Questions.

Smallpox vs. largepox, gen2 vs gen5, early war vs. peaceful alliances. Which is your favourite gaming style?
Sideswipe

Military Questions.

Post by Sideswipe »

IS there a way to group troops together in armies? I need to be able to reinforce my troops, but see no way to move them as a group. Also, how do catapults and artillery work?
uncivilizedplayer

Re: Military Questions.

Post by uncivilizedplayer »

it would be nice, but it can get confusing, I once accidnetally made a group move by selecting them in the stacked unit dialog somehow then gave an order and all units moved as one
rainbowrobin

Re: Military Questions.

Post by rainbowrobin »

Sideswipe wrote:IS there a way to group troops together in armies? I need to be able to reinforce my troops, but see no way to move them as a group. Also, how do catapults and artillery work?
In my client, 'v' selects all units on a tile, while Shift-V selects all units of a currently active type on a tile. Really useful, unless you accidentally move all the units out of a city.

I don't know what you're asking in the second question. They're units like any other, just with high attack and low defense. You attack with them same as anything else. If you're worried they might get attacked, you stack them with a better defender.