How do you create trade routes?

Smallpox vs. largepox, gen2 vs gen5, early war vs. peaceful alliances. Which is your favourite gaming style?
Sideswipe

How do you create trade routes?

Post by Sideswipe »

I have no clue how to use freight and caravans. Could someone please tell me how to use them to create traderoutes?
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Re: How do you create trade routes?

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Just move your caravan/freight into a city that is either far enough away from the caravan's homecity (server option trademindist) or a foreign city (can even be an enemy). Then you'll get the option to establish a traderoute. Note that a coty can only get a new traderoute if it has less than the current maximum, or if the new traderoute is better than one of the city's current tradroutes. If no traderoute can be established, an option to enter the marketplace will appear instead. Upon establishing a new traderoute or entering the marketplace, you'll also get some gold and science based on how lucrative the traderoute is.
How good a traderoute is depends on the distance of the cities and their sizes. You also get a bonus if it's intercontinental (x2 in the supplied rulesets) or international (another x2).
~ AVL
Shadow

Re: How do you create trade routes?

Post by Shadow »

You have to
A. Have researched "Trade"
B. Get a caravan (Or Freight)
C. You just go in the town you wish to create trade route with.
D. (Can't create trade route with your own towns.) (as far as I know.)

:geek: