Starting point in Europe scenario

Smallpox vs. largepox, gen2 vs gen5, early war vs. peaceful alliances. Which is your favourite gaming style?
leh64

Starting point in Europe scenario

Post by leh64 »

Hello all.
I am relatively new here, so my apologies if this is posted in the wrong section, or has been asked and answered elsewhere.

I am curious as to how the starting location is determined in the scenario for Europe ?
Some nations start exactly where they should ... England, France, Denmark, Sweden, Spain, Portugal and several others.

I tend to like picking nations from the extended list and assumed they would start reasonably close to where they are in the real world.
For example, I chose Georgia as my nation for one game thinking it would place me close to present day Georgia.
It started me somewhere in eastern Europe.
I chose the Bosporans for another game, and was started in Portugal !

Is there a setting for this ?
Or is it subject to a random starting location for most of the nations on the extended list ?
cazfi
Elite

Re: Starting point in Europe scenario

Post by cazfi »

leh64 wrote:Or is it subject to a random starting location for most of the nations on the extended list ?
Nations that do not have starting position defined in the scenario get a random one (but it's still one of the starting positions, not random tile).
leh64

Re: Starting point in Europe scenario

Post by leh64 »

Thank you.