Airlifts between carriers, or between carriers and airports?

Smallpox vs. largepox, gen2 vs gen5, early war vs. peaceful alliances. Which is your favourite gaming style?
badon

Airlifts between carriers, or between carriers and airports?

Post by badon »

Is it possible to do airlifts between carriers, or between carriers and airports?
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Re: Airlifts between carriers, or between carriers and airpo

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

No, only cities can airlift, and, in the supplied rulesets, only when they have an airport. Anything else is currently not possible AFAIK.
~ AVL
ahfretheim

Post by ahfretheim »

Not in the usual sense, although you could build a transport helicopter unit in units.rulesets. Certainly that's how it would be done in real life - airliners don't usually have the frame to handle catapults or wire-assisted landing.
Tiervil

Post by Tiervil »

ahfretheim wrote:Not in the usual sense, although you could build a transport helicopter unit in units.rulesets. Certainly that's how phen 375 would be done in real life - airliners don't usually have the frame to handle catapults or wire-assisted landing.
i do agree. airliners can't handle real life catapults or any wire assisted landings. just in case airliners have such ability, i think it will really cost alot just to make it happen plus further study on these matter should also be considered.
badon

Re: Airlifts between carriers, or between carriers and airports?

Post by badon »

I think some units should be able to do airlifts between carriers, or between carriers and airports, if they're the type of unit that is capable of it in real life. It should depend on the size of the carrier. If a carrier is fictionally large - larger than any known real carrier - it would make sense for bigger aircraft to be able to land on it.