Units retiring?

Smallpox vs. largepox, gen2 vs gen5, early war vs. peaceful alliances. Which is your favourite gaming style?
bwhyte77

Units retiring?

Post by bwhyte77 »

Hi, just noticed in the past couple of days that workers, explorers and I'm assuming all other units randomly retire now. How do I turn this off?
Thanks
IZY5O

Re: Units retiring?

Post by IZY5O »

Yeah. There's no retiring in my kingdom. You work until you die! There's no pension plan, and don't even think about unionizing! At best, I will disband you when I decide I need your parts to help build something else.

Is there a /set command to change the chance of a unit retiring?

-IZY.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Thanks for reporting. I opened a bug ticket, and included a fix for review: bug #22776
bwhyte77

Post by bwhyte77 »

Great, thanks. So is there a set command to change this on the freecivweb version?
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

No, this is controlled by the ruleset, and freeciv-web user has no control over the ruleset content (one can select between two rulesets).

This is another incident to give weight to the argument that freeciv-web should not get untested freeciv server development revisions without any kind of stabilization. It should be somehow matured first.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

cazfi wrote:No, this is controlled by the ruleset, and freeciv-web user has no control over the ruleset content (one can select between two rulesets).

This is another incident to give weight to the argument that freeciv-web should not get untested freeciv server development revisions without any kind of stabilization. It should be somehow matured first.
This bug should be fixed on http://play.freeciv.org now.

cazfi: Do you have a suggestion about how to improve the stabilization process? I'm very open to suggestions for improvement here. More frequent releases of the Freeciv server would be nice.

This bugreport is the actual current stabilization and maturation process for Freeciv-web. Still, this issue was fixed quickly, so in this instance I don't think the problem was very severe.
You could also look at Freeciv-web as the stabilization process for Freeciv. 8-)
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

AndreasR wrote:You could also look at Freeciv-web as the stabilization process for Freeciv. 8-)
True, this bug would probably still not be found if it would have not been exposed to testing in freeciv-web.

I have some ideas for the stabilization process, but have to think it a bit more and write it down as a suggestion. Hopefully I get that done before S2_6 gets branched.