Speed

Can't beat the AI? Is it too tame? Discuss the best strategies!
jpsm
Veteran

Speed

Post by jpsm »

Is there any way to make construction speed faster (besides buying)?
Ignatus
Elite

Re: Speed

Post by Ignatus »

The number of shields required for a building or a unit is permanent (in v.3.1 there will be effects on it). So just improve your production (a.k.a. shields output).

Work forest tiles, hills with coal and/or mine, desert/oil etc. In some rulesets there are wonders that increase production of tiles giving at least 1 production. Railroad increaseses production on 50% (rounded down, so need at least 2 prod for an effect). Factory and Mfg. Plant multiply overall production. Also, don't forget about production waste: building courthouse, researching Corporation or changing government may have cpnsiderable result for cities of a large empire.
jpsm
Veteran

Post by jpsm »

Ignatus wrote:The number of shields required for a building or a unit is permanent (in v.3.1 there will be effects on it). So just improve your production (a.k.a. shields output).

Work forest tiles, hills with coal and/or mine, desert/oil etc. In some rulesets there are wonders that increase production of tiles giving at least 1 production. Railroad increaseses production on 50% (rounded down, so need at least 2 prod for an effect). Factory and Mfg. Plant multiply overall production. Also, don't forget about production waste: building courthouse, researching Corporation or changing government may have cpnsiderable result for cities of a large empire.
Thank you!
jpsm
Veteran

Post by jpsm »

Something that pisses me off is that it looks like that the people work at a pace much slower than the scientists so I discover a lot of techs and the worklists became long because they're working at a slower pace compared with the scientists.