Initial money

Can't beat the AI? Is it too tame? Discuss the best strategies!
jpsm
Veteran

Initial money

Post by jpsm »

The maximum initial amount of money at freeciv is 50000, is it possible to configure it to make 100000 the initial ampunt of money?
Ignatus
Elite

Re: Initial money

Post by Ignatus »

Only by hacking the sources (GAME_MAX_GOLD constant). If you want effectively endless gold, you'd better tweak the ruleset by adding 10 gold output to each city center (but note that it's not much a somplification if all nations get the same!), but if you don't umderstand what am I talking about, you'd better manage to live on your 50000 (seems to me, it's your normal total income to the middle of musleteers' era or even later!)

Also, in your local game you usually can hack your funds typing in the chat line

Code: Select all

/lua cmd "find.player(0):change_gold(1000)"
that gives you 1000 gold (if you are the top player in F3 menu, otherwise change 0 to another number; I don't clearly remember are the "quotes" needed).
nef
Elite

Post by nef »

jpsm wrote:The maximum initial amount of money at freeciv is 50000, is it possible to configure it to make 100000 the initial ampunt of money?
Try playing with ZERO. That's how much Civ I would give you (except Chieftain where you get the princely sum of 50).
Jymyh

Post by Jymyh »

I think it's a great way to get an effectively endless gold supply.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

nef wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:22 pmTry playing with ZERO. That's how much Civ I would give you (except Chieftain where you get the princely sum of 50).
-> https://osdn.net/projects/freeciv/ticket/47454