Nuke/nuclear

Can't beat the AI? Is it too tame? Discuss the best strategies!
jpsm
Veteran

Re: Nuke/nuclear

Post by jpsm »

Seems that civil war is really a thing that can happen or not depend on the circumstances.
The arabic ai committed the mistake of not offer to me a peace treat after the cease-fire expire. Her capital was a city close to my frontier that I conquered with just 1 marine without any difficult but at this time there was not another partition but at this time this was not important anymore because I have all techs and I will begin my spaceship and I may decide to build the Manhattan Project to bully them because I build sdi in all my cities and they don't have all techs yet.
Anyway it was fun to easily divide a country despite I use a far-eastern flag because I like Indian-sounding names I acted truly European but I expected to generate a fratricide war between the 2 ais like the colonial powers that create fratricide wars in the Middle East through divide-and-conquer strategy, sadly these 2 ais got cease-fire real quickly and in real life fratricide wars usually last more, and I expect the arabic ai to side with me because when a country divide usually one side became ally of the foreign enemies of the other.
jpsm
Veteran

Post by jpsm »

I won this game too.
https://ibb.co/m5VJZwf
nef
Elite

Post by nef »

Ignatus wrote:When you conquer a capital, the palace moves automatically for free to a random remaining city.
This is also a game option (Military tab on server options). Unfortunately it is half baked: Civ I for example makes a distinction depending on why the capital was lost,
nef
Elite

Post by nef »

jpsm wrote:The 2 civil war ais are in cease fire. I don't understand why the algorithm allows these ais to have a so early cease fire because fratricide wars in real life usually last much longer than other types of war but despite of this the partition of this ai country was an achievement.
Civ I was better at this. The AI's would start a war straight away but would eventually reconcile - well at least on the Emperor level where all the AI's would eventually gang up on me. There is really no excuse for the fc AI's to be so pally. One only need to set attitude to "Genocidal" for at least a few turns of war
jpsm
Veteran

Post by jpsm »

nef wrote:The AI's would start a war straight away but would eventually reconcile - well at least on the Emperor level where all the AI's would eventually gang up on me. There is really no excuse for the fc AI's to be so pally. One only need to set attitude to "Genocidal" for at least a few turns of war
I would like it to be like Israelis and Palestinians that are at war since the foundation of Israel until now, and Indians and Pakistanis that have mortal hate towards each other since the partition until now, the Balkans at the Balkan Wars, and some wars during the Cold war such and the Korea War (North Korea and South Korea still hate each other).
The idea to trigger a partition is to create a balkanized division and fratricide war like that and to make both sides to prefer to side with any foreign (especially the foreign that trigger the division because he would be the "liberator" of the new ai) than make peace with the brother.
It would be nice to play divide-and-rule tactic through this. It need to change to became more like fratricide wars of real life and make divide-and-rule tactic possible.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

So just give them gifts and they will like you and go to war against your enemies, at least in theory.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
jpsm
Veteran

Post by jpsm »

Corbeau wrote:So just give them gifts and they will like you and go to war against your enemies, at least in theory.
If they born from civil war and partition they would be natural enemies like nation that were found in this way in real life. I recommend to change the algorithm in future versions of the game to make divide-and-rule tactic more like real life.