"easy" AI

Can't beat the AI? Is it too tame? Discuss the best strategies!
jpsm
Veteran

"easy" AI

Post by jpsm »

I playing against novice ai because the "easy" is too hard. I never get the Great Library when playing against the "easy" ai, ever if I focus on literacy as tech goal since the beginning. I noticed that they built before other wonders but despite they don't focus on literacy since the beginning they built this wonder before I achieve literacy. I built this wonder when playing against the novice ai. It looks like that the "easy" ai know some CHEAT and it is programed to do this cheat by default. It's very frustrating!
louis94
Hardened

Re: "easy" AI

Post by louis94 »

The easy AI is simply better than you at managing its nation. You can use settlers to bump the size of your wonder city, caravans to bring goods from other cities… Despite making many mistakes I just beat the AI at it. In general the AIs are "good enough" early on but struggle in the end game so whatever you do early on isn't very important.

My usual strategy is to build as many cities as I can, not make enemies or start a war, build 1-2 workers/city (put them on auto), build all possible buildings starting with the least expensive ones (granary, market, temple, library…) and grow the cities past size 12 (choose the "prefer food" governor, don't forget aqueduct and sewers). Use gold to buy buildings, max tax may pay off for later research. By the time you reach modern weapons the AIs will be centuries behind.