Granary blocked at size 1!

Can't beat the AI? Is it too tame? Discuss the best strategies!
buf4wil

Granary blocked at size 1!

Post by buf4wil »

What it says on the description. I know the AI enjoys pushing aqueducts as default builds, but that's for when I want to expand beyond EIGHT citizens. Here I can't go beyond my first with this one particular city. Plenty of food (20/20) in the granary, +2 food incoming per turn, but it won't grow.

What might be related to this is that this is one of my few cities not connected to my capital (there's an intervening Civ behind whom I've built), but my other "foreign" cities grow normally, so I don't know why this is "blocked". Help?
buf4wil

Re: Granary blocked at size 1!

Post by buf4wil »

ETA: Apparently pirates have shown up (do I not have "show enemy moves" checked? I'll have to look) and destroyed my legion and will probably conquer the city next turn. Bummer.

But that still doesn't explain why the city isn't growing right now. Still confused.
Ignatus
Elite

Post by Ignatus »

In Freeciv, connectivity is not checked yet. Cities with full granary must grow but maybe it's not so when you lose a citizen due to a defender losing the fight.
buf4wil

Post by buf4wil »

Ah, that's true. I thought that city was a Size 2. So I lost a citizen along with my legion, and even though i was set to grow, it's not doing it now. (I mean, it will all be moot when the pirates walk in next turn, but it was still confusing.) Thanks.