Map editor?

Can't beat the AI? Is it too tame? Discuss the best strategies!
Bubbadogslaw

Map editor?

Post by Bubbadogslaw »

Not sure where to put this, but single player seemed like the best fit. I have a map I really like and I want to use, but I’m not sure where to find a map editor, or how to use a custom map in single player. Any advice would be appreciated.
GriffonSpade
Elite

Re: Map editor?

Post by GriffonSpade »

Bubbadogslaw wrote:Not sure where to put this, but single player seemed like the best fit. I have a map I really like and I want to use, but I’m not sure where to find a map editor, or how to use a custom map in single player. Any advice would be appreciated.
The Map Editor is part of the GTK client. Simply press CTRL+E, and a game will enter edit mode while you're playing it. I'm not sure on the specifics, but ultimately, you save the game as a scenario, and then you can start up that scenario to use that map. I think it's also possible to edit an uncompressed savegame by hand as a text file, but I would generally not advise it due to the complexity. Note that using the Map Editor requires that something actually be able to load as a game to begin with, otherwise you'll have to edit the terrain by hand.