Getting military units from hut on foreign territory while peace treaty

Can't beat the AI? Is it too tame? Discuss the best strategies!
ironclad

Getting military units from hut on foreign territory while peace treaty

Post by ironclad »

I have got a legion while discovering a hut. But this hut was located on territory of a AI player I have already agreed a peace treaty with. Hence I was not allowed to have military units on its territory at that point and consequently the very next turn my legion I was getting from the hut was disbanded automatically. Is there any way to rescue such a unit and move it from foreign territory?
dunnoob
Elite

Re: Getting military units from hut on foreign territory while peace treaty

Post by dunnoob »

ironclad wrote:Is there any way to rescue such a unit and move it from foreign territory?
No, and I also don't know how to check this condition in a Lua script. It's not too bad, at least the opposition got no new tech from this hut. And you were aware of the risk (= consequence of peace treaty), so I think it's a feature, not a bug.

In a remotely related case I'd say bug: If I'm A and allied with B, and if I don't know C also allied with B, then accidentally meeting C results in a forced peace instead of an armistice, and my unit (typically a ship) is trapped in the suddenly peaceful C territory. OTOH I could have known this, because i can see the diplomatic relations of my ally B, listing the unknown C as allied with B. But it's still odd, I get the ordinary 2.6 message "finally I found you, now I'll crush you" from C, and that makes no sense for a forced peace. It also wouldn't make sense for a forced armistice, so there is some missing bug report and a separate feature request, but what should it be? :oops: