Changing Player Colors

Can't beat the AI? Is it too tame? Discuss the best strategies!
Ambermonk

Changing Player Colors

Post by Ambermonk »

I am a newbie. At the start of the game (2.4.4 GTX) I can set player colors to 'manual.' After setting that flag, where do I put the commands, and what is the correct syntax?
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Re: Changing Player Colors

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

In the chat line below the console-like textbox, just type in "/playercolor PLAYERNAME HEXCODE" (without the ""), PLAYERNAME being the name of the player (the one that they chose with their nation, e.g. Alexander the Great) or, if the player hasn't chosen a nation yet, the connection name (e.g. Ambermonk or AI*2), and HEXCODE being a hexadecimal color code, e.g. FF0000 for red or 00FFFF for cyan. If you're not good with RGB values, this site may help you.
~ AVL
Ambermonk

Re: Changing Player Colors

Post by Ambermonk »

Thank you Caedo. First time I tried your suggestion I got a syntax error with the suggestion to see '/help playercolor' which I didn't know existed. After reading this I realized that my 'two name' leader had to be enclosed in single-quote marks. After doing this - no problems. It's even rather easy. 'The 'RGB Chart & Multi Tool' was definitely useful also. Thanx again for your quick help.