Coinage?

Can't beat the AI? Is it too tame? Discuss the best strategies!
mediaman73

Coinage?

Post by mediaman73 »

I don't understand why, but I seem to be unable to set a city to generate "Coinage" in Random mode.

I looked through the manual and wiki, and general searches to see if Coinage requires some tech tree advancement (like "Trade") or Building (like "Bank"), but it doesn't seem to matter.

Anyone why this is? I seem to be able to access it in Tutorial mode and Scenario mode, but not Random (at least, not in either Novice or Easy).

Is this a bug, or a feature?
ILoveLilyAllen

Re: Coinage?

Post by ILoveLilyAllen »

The help on coinage starts with the words "This is not a normal improvement" and as it is a method of converting production, e.g. muscle power/artistry/inventiveness into "coinage" (which is a simplified form of barter and existed in the earliest times) to me it makes sense that there's no requirement either in technology or buildings. Perhaps the word "coinage" is misleading as it is a pseudonym for currency, but my interpretation is that is has a more general meaning: perhaps a better word may be "worth".

I have no idea what Random mode is, so pass the major part of your question/comments to the far-more-knowledgeable among us :)