IA not team but allies problem

Can't beat the AI? Is it too tame? Discuss the best strategies!
Vlad123

IA not team but allies problem

Post by Vlad123 »

Hi, I have a problem. I allied with an AI, but I do not do anything and I put war, but if you're on my team, I get thrilled .... I do not understand ... that I would be free to choose an ally "during" the game , not before the game .... how do I keep him as a friend until we win together?
JTN
Elite

Re: IA not team but allies problem

Post by JTN »

Vlad123 wrote:I allied with an AI, but I do not do anything and I put war, but if you're on my team, I get thrilled .... I do not understand ... that I would be free to choose an ally "during" the game , not before the game .... how do I keep him as a friend until we win together?
An alliance is a temporary diplomatic status -- someone can ally with you to gain advantage, and then stab you in the back later.

To do what it sounds like you want, in the Gtk client, before the game starts, right-click on the AI in the list of players and add them to the same numbered team that you're on (probably "Put on Team 0"). That will put you on the same team as the AI, and team allegiance can't change during the game (nor would the AI think of leaving you). Being in a team is mostly like being in an alliance, plus by default you'll share your research with the other player(s).
Vlad123

Re: IA not team but allies problem

Post by Vlad123 »

OK. I can draw a city ... but I do not know how to put in using the wonderful editing options