What am I doing wrong?

Can't beat the AI? Is it too tame? Discuss the best strategies!
Diggerx0x0

What am I doing wrong?

Post by Diggerx0x0 »

when I set a worker to mine or irrigate it doesn't move to the next unit. The circle just keeps swirling around the worker and I can't give orders to the next unit

any help appreciated - sorry if this is the wrong forum
heilkitty

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by heilkitty »

This could be a bug. Post your FreeCiv version and operating system, pls. Any console output would be helpful for devs either.
HanduMan

Post by HanduMan »

I managed to get this by accident yesterday. I created a new game, observed, /take'd one of the AI's (who had set all units into auto mode) and they behaved as said in the 1st post of this thread.

I had no time to investigate it further. Freeciv 2.3.4 on Windows 7.
JTN
Elite

Post by JTN »

To the original poster: are you playing online at play.freeciv.org, or the standalone application?

I see this behaviour readily on play.freeciv.org.

(I also have a vague recollection that you get it with the regular version if you end up aitoggle'd, or something, which might be what HanduMan is seeing?)
HanduMan

Post by HanduMan »

JTN wrote:(I also have a vague recollection that you get it with the regular version if you end up aitoggle'd, or something, which might be what HanduMan is seeing?)
That might be it. That is, if /take does not toggle off the AI'ness (which it should IMO).
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

HanduMan wrote:That might be it. That is, if /take does not toggle off the AI'ness (which it should IMO).
See server setting autotoggle.
HanduMan

Post by HanduMan »

cazfi wrote:
HanduMan wrote:That might be it. That is, if /take does not toggle off the AI'ness (which it should IMO).
See server setting autotoggle.
Should I submit a bug report about a missing facepalm emoticon in this forum? :oops:

Sure I remember this...now that you told me about it...again.