The short game

Can't beat the AI? Is it too tame? Discuss the best strategies!
Jim-11

The short game

Post by Jim-11 »

My game plan is to hit my most advanced rival with many bombers before he can build fighters for defense. That approach always wins, if I can get there early enough, but winning takes a lot of work with the details. I discovered that I have little patience for the days of work needed to take over hundreds of enemy cities, and to maintain them, while I continue to press the attack. Once it is clear that I cannot be beaten in a game, I lose interest in doing the work needed to finish all the details. My key milestone is to get a few key wonders, including Darwin's Voyage before my most advanced competitor is close to having railroads. After that, my science and production increase rapidly, and none of the AI have any chance. So my "short game" is to survive and grow and complete a few essential wonders and achieve Darwin's Voyage before the other players are close to doing that. Then I can happily terminate the current game, and start a new one with challenges that are more interesting to me. :D

That short game approach works great in a normal game, but I have not yet been able to survive long enough to succeed in a hard game. :oops: I will need to improve my game a lot to consistently win at the hard level. :(