Open up City automatically after finished build?

Can't beat the AI? Is it too tame? Discuss the best strategies!
NCC1701

Open up City automatically after finished build?

Post by NCC1701 »

Hi all,

sorry, maybe I just dont find it in the options -

is it possible to automatically show the city dialog the next round once a building / unit has been finished?

Sometimes units or buildings get finished and I don't notice, afterwards an item I don't want is automatically built. How do I get rid of that?

Thanks + bye
cazfi
Elite

Re: Open up City automatically after finished build?

Post by cazfi »

There's no way to make city popup automatically that way, and it could be quite annoying if a lot of cities finished production at the same turn. For your general problem I suggest:
in Game -> Options -> Message set only those messages that you really want to see to appear in Messages tab. Then check all messages on Messages tab every turn (in single player games I keep it open all the time) as you know everything there to be important. You want "Improvement: Built" and "Unit: Built" at least. Messages tab also has "Inspect City" -button that opens the city in question when you have selected the message about finished production.
HanduMan

Post by HanduMan »

As cazfi said.

Still, if you insist having built notifications thrown at your face each turn, you can make the above mentioned messages to be shown in popup dialogs. That way they are nearly impossible to miss. The setting is in exactly the same place as cazfi's directions lead. At least it used to be, I didn't check that for this post.
NCC1701

Post by NCC1701 »

ok thanks
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Also, what really helps is putting a capitalization order at the end of the production list, or, if the city is under attack or in a dangerous area, a good defender unit, so they don't build something unwanted.
~ AVL