After turn 100 pirates come with muskets

Can't beat the AI? Is it too tame? Discuss the best strategies!
cazfi
Elite

Re: After turn 100 pirates come with muskets

Post by cazfi »

Barbarians having Musketeers would indicate that some player has them too - barbarians get such advanced units (only) when someone else has them.

I'm not sure what setting you were referring to, but note that client settings (configuration of the user interface) is separate from server settings (game world settings and some other). Client saves its settings to .freeciv-client-rc-<version>, but server settings you need to read in some other way. Maybe easiest one is to issue command "write mysettings.serv" to server (you can do that from the client chat-line by beginning the line with "/": "/write mysettings.serv") to save list of server commands to produce your current settings, and then later to load them with "read mysettings.serv" (/read mysettings.serv)
Sarilho1

Post by Sarilho1 »

For me is the same thing. I can't save my definitions on scenarios map. Well, I can, but it does not load the next time. That just works in generated games.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Sarilho1 wrote:For me is the same thing. I can't save my definitions on scenarios map. Well, I can, but it does not load the next time. That just works in generated games.
I'm a bit loss of what we are talking about here. Are we talking about server settings saved to savegame (/scenario). Can you provide some example? With scenario file where the setting is saved, but not loading correctly.
ahfretheim

Post by ahfretheim »

I've found that you CAN beat the pirates with muskets even with phalanx or pikemen if you have sufficient city walls, fortifications, et cetera. It will disrupt your expansion for a few turns, but isn't that kind of the point? Just make sure to have lots of gold for rush buying.
ifaesfu

Post by ifaesfu »

It is very normal. Musketeers aren't the best attacking units.