Multiplayer Diplomacy Bug

Join us, meet players from all around the world, challenge the strongest top players, practice and be one of them!
abdullahmurad99

Multiplayer Diplomacy Bug

Post by abdullahmurad99 »

Hello all, firstly I would like to say how wonderful this game is. Me and my friends have spent countless hours playing this game and we love it. But a few months ago a problem came up while playing multiplayer. Human players cannot meet each other and are in constant state of war. We cannot trade technology or world maps etc. This is really hindering our game. The meet player button just does not work. We cannot press it at all and it is dark.

Please can you help us. Help would be extremely appreciated.
Thank you, especially to the developers and the people who worked in it.
cazfi
Elite

Re: Multiplayer Diplomacy Bug

Post by cazfi »

Do your units have a contact with each other (by default contact is lost after 15 turns has passed without units seeing each other) or do you have an embassy with the other player?
abdullahmurad99

No our units did have contact with each other. Diplomacy used to work it has stopped recently. We don't have an embassy since we cannot meet each other. Is diplomacy working for you in multiplayer?
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

abdullahmurad99 wrote:No our units did have contact with each other. Diplomacy used to work it has stopped recently. We don't have an embassy since we cannot meet each other. Is diplomacy working for you in multiplayer?
You can meet the other player only if you have contact (via units being on contact, or embassy). Embassy is established by diplomat entering the city of the other player, or in diplomatic treaty (when you have managed to meet thanks to unit-provided contact).
JTN
Elite

Post by JTN »

How are you playing? Are you using the web version on play.freeciv.org or a desktop client, and if so, which client and which version?
abdullahmurad99

JTN wrote:How are you playing? Are you using the web version on play.freeciv.org or a desktop client, and if so, which client and which version?
We are playing the website multiplayer version. You know the one hosted on the website. Here is the link. https://play.freeciv.org/meta/metaserver.php?tab=multi
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

This is likely a bug in the Nations dialog in Freeciv-web. We should try to fix it in the next version. Thanks for reporting this bug.

Update: I have made a fix for this in the current release. Do you still get this problem on the prodution server?
abdullahmurad99

It works again. You are a god. Thank you so much. Literally I love you. Thank you legend.
sirkirby

Post by sirkirby »

Gents, first let me say... great game! My friends and I are having a wonderful time playing this game.

Now here's my problem... I am still having an issue with diplomacy in the multiplayer game. I don't see an option anywhere to do any diplomacy. We're stuck in perpetual war. I tried establishing an embassy but that did not open up the option anywhere. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.