Want to Help Create a Better AI?

Join us, meet players from all around the world, challenge the strongest top players, practice and be one of them!
mir3x
Veteran

Want to Help Create a Better AI?

Post by mir3x »

Im reposting this from civfanatics.
It seems that hiro accpets challenges ( maybe only unitl end of october?), Im ready to kick some assess anyway.
Dear All,
Arago, an artificial intelligence company based in Frankfurt and New York invites you to participate in our HIROic challenge. We are working on an artificial intelligence, called HIRO, and we believe that it will be able to beat the world’s best players in Freeciv shortly. However, HIRO doesn’t know anything about the game yet.

Although HIRO is a quick learner it needs awesome mentors: world class Civ experts that know how to build civilizations and compete against other empires within the game. Therefore, we are looking for the most experienced and most creative players in your community that are ready to support us to not only teach HIRO to play Freeciv like a world champion but to create the world’s most powerful computer opponent.

The major difference between the usual computer opponents you are already familiar with and HIRO is that the latter will be human-like – no more tricking, no more unfair information advantages. Every time you play against HIRO you will be playing against the world’s best players at the same time, because HIRO will pool the knowledge of the world’s best human players in one “super brain”.

The task we ask for is simple: play at least two games with us in the beginning of August and tell us about the principles of your pathway to victory. Once you register, you work with a "buddy" from our organization. We have set up a Docker container that will have everything you need to participate and we will assist you in getting setup to play. Any issues can be addressed through your "buddy".

Depending upon how well you do, your efforts will be rewarded with great non-cash bonuses. Furthermore, Arago would like to provide your community with its computer opponent as soon as it is ready to win against the best.

If you want to go down in history, please register at http://hiroic.arago.co and beat the beast.

Regards,
Arago Team
uncivilizedplayer

Re: Want to Help Create a Better AI?

Post by uncivilizedplayer »

presently the AI has trouble doing the hardest stage in the game (Experimental ruleset)

transitioning to 8+ 12+ citysizes, it has to go largepox to grow to 100+ citysize
and build traderoutes

in my present game I'm at future tech 300+, and the ai still hasn't completed the techtree
mir3x
Veteran

Post by mir3x »

Everyone with small programming skills can try upgrade AI, read doc/README.AI-modules,
and write own module.
U can also google freeciv agh and read some old papers from polish university to check how those folks change AI.
GriffonSpade
Elite

Post by GriffonSpade »

mir3x wrote:Everyone with small programming skills can try upgrade AI, read doc/README.AI-modules,
and write own module.
U can also google freeciv agh and read some old papers from polish university to check how those folks change AI.
Heh, I think you underestimate your coding skill. For most of us hobbyists, we really don't even know where to begin. It's not like RunUO, where you can just pop open almost any file and start fiddling around and mucking about with the code, which helpfully comes with a core that compiles for you at runtime.
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

Saw this video of HIRO playing Civ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTKr86s1I4c
The CEO of Arago also said that HIRO is ready to beat humans. So the question is, will we get a better ai any time soon? Thanks for the answer!
mir3x
Veteran

Post by mir3x »

I dont think so, don't know their plans but probably no. Mb they will release some crippled version with current knowledge and disabled learning or mb not.

If u want to get nice challenge play vs 25 ai on map size 2, give ai some random difficulty, disable diplomacy for yourself only.
It's quite funny.
Duckling

Post by Duckling »

mir3x wrote:I dont think so, don't know their plans but probably no. Mb they want to try Phallosan Forte and will release some crippled version with current knowledge and disabled learning or mb not.

If u want to get nice challenge play vs 25 ai on map size 2, give ai some random difficulty, disable diplomacy for yourself only.
It's quite funny.
Ha ha. I just gave this a try and it makes things a lot more interesting. :D
Last edited by Duckling on Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sithuk

Post by Sithuk »

Furthermore, Arago would like to provide your community with its computer opponent as soon as it is ready to win against the best.
Did Arago ever contribute to the project as it promised?
marioxcc_

Post by marioxcc_ »

The title of your post is misleading. You say “Want to Help Create a Better AI?”. I would then expect a recruitment to create a better AI or a recruitment for playtesters, but instead it is an unrelated news pasted from elsewhere.
mir3x
Veteran

Post by mir3x »

marioxcc_ wrote:The title of your post is misleading. You say “Want to Help Create a Better AI?”. I would then expect a recruitment to create a better AI or a recruitment for playtesters, but instead it is an unrelated news pasted from elsewhere.
It was paid "recruitment to create a better AI" for freeciv. What you think it was ?