Freeciv-web ruleset

Join us, meet players from all around the world, challenge the strongest top players, practice and be one of them!
IZY5O

Re: Freeciv-web ruleset

Post by IZY5O »

IZY5O wrote:
AndreasR wrote:The Freeciv-web server has been updated. Is this problem fixed now?
Hi Andreas,

Yes, problem appears to be fixed.

Thank you! :D

-IZY.
I lied. Problem is not fixed. :oops:

Go to the "freeciv-web bugs" topic to see my latest report...

-IZY.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

IZY5O wrote:Can we choose our own ruleset for freeciv-web?
Unortunately freeciv-web ruleset support is very poor. In practice it's hardcoded in a way that it works only with the one ruleset specifically made for this use ("fcweb"). I'm trying to improve things over time, to make freeciv-web to respect ruleset definitions more instead of assuming the rules from the fcweb. Today I added second ruleset "webperimental" (it's not yet in play.freeciv.org when I write this). It starts as copy of fcweb for full compatibility with web-client. As new ruleset options become available, I plan to introduce experimental rules to webperimental for testing. Rules deemed good can then be ported to fcweb.
Currently there's two changes relative to fcweb in webperimental:
- Diplomat becomes available from Alphabet
- AI players get their traits assigned randomly within moderate range around the default value

You can change the ruleset while setting up the game, before game starts, by entering command "/rulesetdir webperimental" to server via chatline.

Also the metaserver part (one that shows running games) has been updated to show the ruleset game is using if you consider joining multiplayer game.
IZY5O

Post by IZY5O »

Hello cazfi,

An option to choose an alternate ruleset sounds good. Thanks. :)

Although, I'm pretty comfortable with the current set, I do like to tweak things on occasion. ;)

-IZY.