Freeciv-Web now accepted in the Windows Store

Join us, meet players from all around the world, challenge the strongest top players, practice and be one of them!
AndreasR
Elite

Freeciv-Web now accepted in the Windows Store

Post by AndreasR »

Freeciv-web, the HTML5 version of Freeciv playable in a browser, is now available in the Windows Store.
If you have a Windows 8.1 installation, then please install it, give it a try, and report what you think here.

This listing in the Windows Store is mostly a convenient way for users of Microsoft Windows to discover and play Freeciv-Web through the Windows start-screen. I have also been thinking about listing the app in the Windows Phone Store, but I don't have a Windows Phone (or Windows 8.1 Pro) to test it properly.

So Freeciv-web is now available in the Windows Store, Chrome Web Store and Firefox Marketplace, all for Free, so that people can easily find and play Freeciv in their browser.
maritox

Re: Freeciv-Web now accepted in the Windows Store

Post by maritox »

Hi there! I know this is an old thread but i wanted to know how hard would be to enable the Freeciv on the Windows Phone Store, i can help with tests! And at Windows phone Central i could get lots of people to test it!
How hard would be to make the Windows app ported to Windows Phone store?
Didnt MS make it simple?

Hope we can get FreeCiv on WP!!
AndreasR
Elite

Re: Freeciv-Web now accepted in the Windows Store

Post by AndreasR »

maritox wrote:Hi there! I know this is an old thread but i wanted to know how hard would be to enable the Freeciv on the Windows Phone Store, i can help with tests! And at Windows phone Central i could get lots of people to test it!
How hard would be to make the Windows app ported to Windows Phone store?
Didnt MS make it simple?

Hope we can get FreeCiv on WP!!

Hi there maritox, and thanks for the suggestions about Freeciv-web in the Windows Phone store. The first step in making Freeciv-web work nicely on the Windows Phone, is to test Freeciv-web on the browser (Internet Explorer) on your Windows Phone, and report back how that works, and what are the most important things to fix. Since Freeciv-web is a HTML5 webapplication, it should run somehow. I suspect that Freeciv-web will work better on a Windows tablet, rather than a small phone. Please give it a test and report back!

Andreas