Can you save and resume a multiplayer game in web client?

Join us, meet players from all around the world, challenge the strongest top players, practice and be one of them!
jrfishe1

Can you save and resume a multiplayer game in web client?

Post by jrfishe1 »

Hi,

I'm trying to teach a few friends how to play civilization, and I thought it would be ideal to be able to break it up over several nights, and for them to be able to play without having to download software. We were able to successfully play a multiplayer game in the web client by all joining the first server in the list, but when I tried saving the game, exiting, then going back to the home page and selecting load game, my friends were unable to join. They tried rejoining the first server in the list again but it was a blank slate.

Is there something we did wrong, or is this functionality not yet supported in the web client? If I need to switch to the desktop version and set up my own server it's no big deal, but I thought I'd check first. Thanks!

Jon
AndreasR
Elite

Re: Can you save and resume a multiplayer game in web client

Post by AndreasR »

Hi jrfishe1,

Sorry, loading multiplayer games isn't supported in the web client. It should be quite easy to implement, so hopefully this will come in some future version.

Nice to hear that you are playing multiplayer games in the web client with your friends!

Andreas
jrfishe1

Post by jrfishe1 »

AndreasR wrote:Hi jrfishe1,

Sorry, loading multiplayer games isn't supported in the web client. It should be quite easy to implement, so hopefully this will come in some future version.

Nice to hear that you are playing multiplayer games in the web client with your friends!

Andreas
Thanks for letting me know, I hadn't played freeciv in many years and I'm really impressed with how far it has come!

Jon
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

I think that loading savegames should be possible in the current version. Join a multiplayer game, then click on the load game button in the pregame screen.