Freeciv-web Saved Game Repeats

Join us, meet players from all around the world, challenge the strongest top players, practice and be one of them!
Archimedes

Re: Freeciv-web Saved Game Repeats

Post by Archimedes »

AndreasR wrote:Sorry about that. That was me deploying a new version to the server.
Was another version just put out? My game seemed to freeze up for a moment. Afterward, I was able to save my game, but it was like my problem above where loading it takes me back to a previous save.
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

Archimedes wrote:Was another version just put out? My game seemed to freeze up for a moment. Afterward, I was able to save my game, but it was like my problem above where loading it takes me back to a previous save.
I guess that was just a coincidence. After my first two saving attempts failed, I have now been able to save/load games repeatedly without any problem.

The only issue I still experience is if I click the Start Game button too quickly, which results in a new game being started instead of my save, as described above. This is a minor issue, but could be a problem for those who don't realize they need to wait.
Tassilo

Post by Tassilo »

I have this exact same problem too now. The game crashed. I can still click around, but I can't do anything. it allowed me to save, but when I load the savegame, it puts me back about 25 turns to my last save before the crash. Here's the weird part: No matter which savegame I load, I always end up in the year 1786CE, even if I load a file from 1000 BC or even from another game! Every single file is the same! I can't access any of the new saves. I'm afraid to close my browser because I fear I would lose everything.