Coastal Defense in Freeciv-web

Join us, meet players from all around the world, challenge the strongest top players, practice and be one of them!
Archimedes

Coastal Defense in Freeciv-web

Post by Archimedes »

I just discovered gunpowder, and now I have the ability to build a coastal defense in my cities. Isn't this not supposed to become available until metallurgy? I haven't yet discovered metallurgy, and I can't build cannons, so it just seems to be the coastal defense that's out of place.
AndreasR
Elite

Re: Coastal Defense in Freeciv-web

Post by AndreasR »

Archimedes wrote:I just discovered gunpowder, and now I have the ability to build a coastal defense in my cities. Isn't this not supposed to become available until metallurgy? I haven't yet discovered metallurgy, and I can't build cannons, so it just seems to be the coastal defense that's out of place.
Hi Archimedes,

Coastal defense requires the technology gunpowder in Freeciv. That's the defaut rules of Freeciv. So this isn't really a bug in Freeciv-web. yay! :D

See the ruleset here: https://github.com/freeciv/freeciv-web/ ... gs.ruleset and search for coastal defense.

I agree that there isn't much of a logical similarity between gunpowder and a coastal defense in cities, though.

Andreas
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

AndreasR wrote:Coastal defense requires the technology gunpowder in Freeciv. That's the defaut rules of Freeciv. So this isn't really a bug in Freeciv-web. yay! :D
Oh, okay. Then the bug is in the Freeciv-web manual ;) Both the manual entry for coastal defense and the entry for metallurgy say coastal defense comes from metallurgy.
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

Speaking of the manual, I just found a typo. On the Controls page of the Freeciv-web manual, 'Irrigation' is misspelled.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

I have fixed these mistakes in the manual now. Thanks for pointing them out!