Freeciv-web Tiles and Movement Bugs

Join us, meet players from all around the world, challenge the strongest top players, practice and be one of them!
Archimedes

Freeciv-web Tiles and Movement Bugs

Post by Archimedes »

I have a lot of weird issues with the tiles and Go To command in Freeciv-web. I'm hoping others can contribute to the discussion on this to clarify what the problem(s) may be.

In a current game I'm playing, there's an ocean tile right next to land, but it remains unexplored even after I repeatedly move units along the shore right next to it.

During my exploring, there are several areas where the Go To line connecting my unit to my cursor will not cross certain tiles. If I point my cursor to one of these tiles next to my unit, the line will point the opposite direction and circle the globe, coming back to the tile from the other side.

One of my cities can't work all its terrain. There is one ocean square that has been explored, but remains under the fog of war, even though it is within my city's boundaries. It is one of the three tiles on the upper-left edge that are normally part of the X shape a city occupies. The other two tiles along that edge are land tiles and can be worked, but they don't display pictures for their production in the city map; they just show an empty white circle when I click on them. They do, however, have their normal contribution to my city's stats.

These two land squares just mentioned that can be worked, but don't display properly in the city map, also fall under the Go To problem mentioned before. If I try to move a unit onto them, it is rerouted around the globe.
AndreasR
Elite

Re: Freeciv-web Tiles and Movement Bugs

Post by AndreasR »

Thanks for thebugreport. Please report anything you find, as this is very useful!

About these bugs, they are known limitations in Freeciv-web which I'm working on improving.
It is related to wrapping of the map, which isn't handled correctly in Freeciv-web at the moment,
since the math and datastructures become more complex if this should be handled correctly.
However, I'm working on a fix, stay tuned!
cazfi
Elite

Re: Freeciv-web Tiles and Movement Bugs

Post by cazfi »

This is (probably) bug #20112