Localization off when installed 2.6.0 to OS X 10.14.2 (mojave) from Dropbox package.

Do you want to help out with Freeciv development? Then check out this forum.
tvleavitt

Localization off when installed 2.6.0 to OS X 10.14.2 (mojave) from Dropbox package.

Post by tvleavitt »

I have to explicitly set LANG=en_GB LANGUAGE=en_GB and run the package from the terminal with open -a freeciv to get the proper buttons to show up, otherwise it shows me French.

My default settings for these values are LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LANGUAGE=""

Why isn't en_US supported (don't see it listed on the Languages page on the Wiki)?
cazfi
Elite

Re: Localization off when installed 2.6.0 to OS X 10.14.2 (mojave) from Dropbox package.

Post by cazfi »

tvleavitt wrote:Why isn't en_US supported (don't see it listed on the Languages page on the Wiki)?
It's the internal language of freeciv, i.e., it's not a translation. Usually you get it when you don't define language to use at all, but I don't know what to do if your system gives you French instead.
louis94
Hardened

Re: Localization off when installed 2.6.0 to OS X 10.14.2 (mojave) from Dropbox package.

Post by louis94 »

cazfi wrote:
tvleavitt wrote:Why isn't en_US supported (don't see it listed on the Languages page on the Wiki)?
It's the internal language of freeciv, i.e., it's not a translation. Usually you get it when you don't define language to use at all, but I don't know what to do if your system gives you French instead.
This should work:

Code: Select all

LANG=C freeciv-gtk3
The special locale "C" disables translations, and one gets messages as they are written in source code.