two bugs in a row

Do you want to help out with Freeciv development? Then check out this forum.
meynaf
Hardened

Re: two bugs in a row

Post by meynaf »

cazfi wrote: Is there a reason you can't share also your ruleset? What sounds like a easy thing to debug (because of reproducibility) is going to be very hard hunt otherwise.
Well, i could, but it's 2.5.x only so you can't test on 2.6+ (it DOES crash on 2.6 too, see below).

Caedo wrote:So far, I haven't been able to reproduce the crash. I've encountered a (possibly related) crash that occasionally occurred when adding units to the city, but I couldn't reproduce that crash either (it happened twice by itself, but when I tried to actively reproduce it, it didn't).

If you can find a course of action that's sure to reproduce the crash (preferably beginning at starting a new game), it might be possible to figure out the cause; otherwise we'll really need that savegame.
Ok, you wanted it so badly, you get it ;)
In the meanwhile i've been able to purge everything that was ruleset-specific and made a nice, "classic" game with it (in fact i just removed extra techs, buildingd and units, nothing big). Still crashes, obviously. Could test 2.6 as well, same result.
Available here :
http://meynaf.free.fr/upload/bugtst.sav

Just approach the riflemen to the city of Spanawatka. This immediately closes the main window without an error message ('xcept in the server log).
Now if you still can't reproduce, there's something crazy somewhere :shock:
cazfi
Elite

Re: two bugs in a row

Post by cazfi »

Reported it -> Bug #746878