Gna! bugs and tasks

Do you want to help out with Freeciv development? Then check out this forum.
dunnoob
Elite

Gna! bugs and tasks

Post by dunnoob »

Are old unresolved Gna! bug reports, tasks and patches still considered as pending, or should folks submit old issues to HRM, if they still care about those issues?
JTN
Elite

Re: Gna! bugs and tasks

Post by JTN »

dunnoob wrote:Are old unresolved Gna! bug reports, tasks and patches still considered as pending,
...sort of. We are vaguely aware of old issues and occasionally re-raise them in Redmine ourselves, but that mostly depends on developers' memories and is a manual process. It is certainly easy to lose the old stuff at the moment.

Right now it's hard to search the old info, especially for the general public; if you know a ticket number you can generally look it up at archive.org, but that's not really searchable; developers are generally using personal email archives to search for old issues. And the old freeciv-dev mailing list archive isn't up anywhere public yet; the only public archive is at gmane.org, and that's only accessible via NNTP. We apologise for the inconvenience.

(On my todo list is some scriptery to (a) put up Gna issues and attachments on the web in static form, (b) allow admins to auto-promote an old Gna issue to Redmine. But it's taking a back seat to the massively overdue 2.6.0-beta1 release.)
dunnoob wrote:or should folks submit old issues to HRM, if they still care about those issues?
If there's something you really care about, sure. Please explicitly reference the Gna ticket (an archive.org link would be great to save us time, e.g. https://web.archive.org/web/https://gna.org/patch/?5755 ) so we can see the old discussion. If there were important attachments and you don't still have them and can't get them from archive.org, I do have them.

(I'd rather you didn't re-raise your 97 flag-SVG bugs individually though...)
dunnoob
Elite

Post by dunnoob »

JTN wrote:(I'd rather you didn't re-raise your 97 flag-SVG bugs individually though...)
LoL, that's actually "only" 12 + 41 + 14 = 67 plus 1 plus 4 plus 1 in my ToDo list.
dunnoob
Elite

Post by dunnoob »

Squeezed into only eight new HRM issues: 706407, 707576, 707579, 707580, 707595, 707793, 707881, and 708934. With two exceptions perfectly suited for the new Nations maintainer, when you (=somebody, no idea how this works) appointed him. :P