Correct the rulesets civ1 and civ2

Do you want to help out with Freeciv development? Then check out this forum.
sveinung
Elite

Re: Correct the rulesets civ1 and civ2

Postby sveinung » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:30 pm

nef wrote:"Airliftable" flag in civ1 should be removed from [unitclass_land]. Can never be done because the effect Airlift is never set but AGH hasn't figured this out (and probably shouldn't need to).

Fixed as a part of Bug #850673 after cazfi discovered that 2.6, not covered by my original patch, had this problem too.

sveinung
Elite

Postby sveinung » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:57 pm

sveinung wrote:Civ 2: What should boarding and disembarking ships do to the movement points of land units? See bug #23782

I have improved civ1 and civ2 dis/embark move cost fidelity for Freeciv 3.1. I probably got the details wrong. Follow up patches with fine tuning would be great.

The new rules: Alighting to or boarding from a city or other transport at the same tile is free. The civ1 ruleset takes all movement when disembarking from a transport to an adjacent tile. Both civ1 and civ2 takes all movement when embarking to a transport from an adjacent tile. Embarking to a transport at an adjacent tile is legal for both.

Update: The civ1 rules. The civ2 rules.

"Transport Disembark 2" action is here already. If a "Transport Embark 2" helps civ1 or civ2 fidelity please request it before the 3.1 data file format freeze.

Ignatus
Hardened

Postby Ignatus » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:53 pm

Civ2 Fighters in cities:
  • Have x4 defense against bombers;
  • Have x2 defense against another fighters;
  • Don't have SAM bonus unless the attacker is a missile.
Actually, we can't yet do this (defender-specific combat bonuses affected by the tile and city) but it's for the developers to think the way.
-->HRM#865085 HRM#865084 HRM#865086