- Hong Kong is not yet submitted, it existed as suggested PNG on the Wiki.
- Likewise Danzig is not yet submitted, I found it in a Gna! incoming patch or another obscure Gna! folder.
- Dryad.svg is a hard case, various trivial "broken SVG fix" tricks failed.
- Hre.svg is a hard case for lawyers, a valid version exists, but it's CC BY-SA, and IIRC share alike isn't GPL compatible. A trivial fix in patch #7464 would make it worse (but valid).
- Jaffna.svg might be a fake or a copyright violation, IANAL.
- In some cases the latest and greatest and (typically) valid version from MediaWiki commons changed the colours, and there's a good chance that the newer colours are also correct or better. In other words, some flag PNGs have to recreated, how is that normally handled?
- There are still 200 broken (=invalid) SVGs in Category:Broken SVG.
In many cases Google finds a given flag in enwiki, from enwiki to commons is two clicks (after disabling their horrible media viewer), a third click to check that it is still valid (or edit the description page adding a validator link), download from commons, upload (=overwrite) on Wikia, submit patch on Gna!, update Wikia SVG page as "now valid" with a link to the patch. Plan B, convert invalid SVG with rsvg-convert.exe (e.g., the version distributed with crosser) or rsvg-convert (Linux) to valid SVG, submit patch, update page.