ip hide option

Can you help improve your favourite game? Hardcore C mages, talented artists, and players with any level of experience are welcome!
barg

ip hide option

Post by barg »

i dont think if this is the right place to post it but well
it would be cool an option to hide the ip address when you are connecting to a game cause it appears when someone connects to a game
hope they add this to the game and also recommend me a pc proxy cause i cant find a pc proxy for windows 7
thanks for reading
louis94
Hardened

Re: ip hide option

Post by louis94 »

We did this for Longturn a while ago and Freeciv21 no longer publishes everyone's personal info.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

barg wrote:i dont think if this is the right place to post it but well
it would be cool an option to hide the ip address when you are connecting to a game cause it appears when someone connects to a game
hope they add this to the game and also recommend me a pc proxy cause i cant find a pc proxy for windows 7
thanks for reading
Correct place is the bug/feature tracker. Opened the ticket for you: https://osdn.net/projects/freeciv/ticket/43683
barg

Post by barg »

great! i downloaded the archive adjunted files of the ticket (the PATCH archive) but i dont know how to add it to the game
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

It's for patching the source code - you can use it only if you're going to compile freeciv yourself (from the source code).

It's attached to the ticket mainly for other developers to review it, before the change can be pushed to freeciv source code repository.

Note also that the change is in the server side (server is not telling the IP of one client to the other) - so if you're playing on someone else's server, rebuilding just your own client won't help.
barg

Post by barg »

oh thanks man, lets just wait to the developers to read it, have a good day