msys2 win32 configure error

Can you help improve your favourite game? Hardcore C mages, talented artists, and players with any level of experience are welcome!
cazfi
Elite

Re: msys2 win32 configure error

Post by cazfi »

It occurred to me that one possible explanation for your original problem could be that you've not running msys2 for either target ('mingw32.exe' or 'mingw64.exe'), but have instead run 'msys2.exe'.
jwrober

Post by jwrober »

louis94 helped me out. We are running mysys64 via msys2_shell.cmd I believe. I did pull the 32 bit stuff out and fixed the .bash_profile and got it working by adding some different command line arguments

Code: Select all

make EXTRA_CONFIG='--build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32 \
--target=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --enable-freeciv-manual=html --enable-debug=yes' \
CFLAGS='-O2' CXXFLAGS='-O2' INSTSUB='usr' qt-installer
For some reason we could not figure out is ./configure is not picking up the correct OS triplet so we force that via the EXTRA_CONFIG variable and also make is not setting the INSTUB variable correctly so set that too.

Documented on my github repo - https://github.com/jwrober/freeciv-msys2
cgalik

Post by cgalik »

Thanks to @jwrober and @louis94 and @cazfi for the help on this thread. I definitely don't understand (nor particularly enjoy) setting up this Windows build system.

I know @zeko had a azure script running for 2.6 and that was exactly what I needed. But that repo is now private. :(

But this has gotten me up and running on 2.6! It's compiling now.... we'll see how it runs. :)

Much thanks to @jwrober and @louis94 for the personal help and repo!!
cgalik

Post by cgalik »

jwrober wrote:louis94 helped me out. We are running mysys64 via msys2_shell.cmd I believe.
Yes, we are running: msys64/msys2_shell.cmd