Building new AI module

Can you help improve your favourite game? Hardcore C mages, talented artists, and players with any level of experience are welcome!
Worik

Building new AI module

Post by Worik »

tl;dr How do I compile a new AI module and staticly or dynamically link it into Freeciv?

Where I live a curfew has been established, I have a lot of time and not much to do.

I have played Freeciv for years and years, (when I have the time to burn:-)

I have always wanted to hack on the AI. Been ruminating, literally, for years on how I might approach it, now is the time.

To that end I have copied ai/stub/ to ai/qzrt/

mv qzrt/stubai.c qzrt/qzrtai.c
In qzrt/qzrtai.c, qzrt/Makefil.am replaced all "stub" with "qzrt"

I have copied scripts/travis-build.sh to worik_build.sh and apart from removing all the travis crud, and making the install directory local I added "qzrt" to the static build. Here is a choice. I could enable static loading (due to README.ai_modules) using --enable-aimodules --enable-shared then make a module in a separate tree, but keeping it simple for now)

--enable-ai-static=classic,qzrt,threaded,tex,stub \

Then I build (running my script).

The make file is created in qzrt:
config.status: creating ai/qzrt/Makefile
is in the output, but make is not run in qzrt

I can cd into build/ai/qzrt and run make and get: libqzrtai.la, qzrtai.lo, and qzrtai.o

So I am getting close....
Worik

Re: Building new AI module

Post by Worik »

I have succeeded in getting a module compiled to link dynamically.

If any body is interested I can explain....

At some point I will put it on a git hub forlk but that is boring work, and in the absence of anybody else interested I will push on to actually implement something interesting

If I get anywhere at all, and if nobody minds, I will report here.

Happy curfew all....