create / fork AI-module

Can you help improve your favourite game? Hardcore C mages, talented artists, and players with any level of experience are welcome!
nutzer

create / fork AI-module

Post by nutzer »

I am interested in working on an improved AI module for Freeciv. The options for this are to write a new module from scratch or to fork and improve the existing standard module or any candidate modules which I am not aware of. In all these cases I'd assume you have something like an AI interface available in the main game playing module. (The fact that HIRO developed a successful AI-module nourishes this assumption.) Is there a description anywhere about this interface and the rules to address it? Or can anyone point me to the right code page for investigating documentation there?

I find it particularly pity that AI has not evolved any more since ages on this game as I surmise most people getting in contact with it are mostly playing solo games. Is there any interest by the developers to improve playing AI at all? Perhaps you would think that the current state of limited intelligence, so to say, is adequate for newcomers anyway and any improvement derails the honours of the game? I wouldn't quite agree to that!
cazfi
Elite

Re: create / fork AI-module

Post by cazfi »

See doc/README.AI_modules