Spanish Civil War 1936

Can you help improve your favourite game? Hardcore C mages, talented artists, and players with any level of experience are welcome!
XYZ
Elite

Spanish Civil War 1936

Post by XYZ »

Hi again,

I recreated the Spanish Civil War 1936 in a scenario. Hope someone can test it and give me some recommendations!

Ferdi
Attachments
Spanish Civil War 1936 0.8.bz2
(31.17 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
Bob

Re: Spanish Civil War 1936

Post by Bob »

Damn dude you're just pumping these scenarios out. Nice work.
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

:D Sometimes I start creating one and don't stop until its finished. Took me a day to do everything. Luckily Spanish census data are easy available; exact and homogeneous troop data were less easy to find.
I not only edited the cities but also diplomacy relations.
Observing the two factions and letting the ai do the fight brings good results: either the Republicans or the Nationalists win if you repeat the game wich speaks for some sort of balance.
Attachments
spanishcivilwar1936-t0000-y01936-mabcf-tuz2pall.map-tilted t.gif
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Have you considered to try a scenario specific ruleset? I hope to include some custom action support in 3.0. The Spanish civil war helped inspire both George Orwell's "1984" and Jerry Pournelle's "His Truth Goes Marching On". I therefore conclude that this scenario could get some interesting custom actions.
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

Have you considered to try a scenario specific ruleset?
I know to little about them and but know how tricky they can be.
I hope to include some custom action support in 3.0
Would be nice! Enemies appearing after a certian year or capture of a city. Also alternative winning conditions e.g. "Destroy player X".
The Spanish civil war helped inspire both George Orwell's "1984" and Jerry Pournelle's "His Truth Goes Marching On". I therefore conclude that this scenario could get some interesting custom actions.
definetely!
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

XYZ wrote:
I hope to include some custom action support in 3.0
Would be nice! Enemies appearing after a certian year or capture of a city. Also alternative winning conditions e.g. "Destroy player X".
Clarification: An action is something the player does. What you ask for is events. Events triggering stuff are already supported. It is done via Lua code. You don't need a custom ruleset. You can include the Lua code directly in your save game like the tutorial scenario does.