Slavery system

Can you help improve your favourite game? Hardcore C mages, talented artists, and players with any level of experience are welcome!
Lachu
Elite

Slavery system

Post by Lachu »

I'm working on slavery system for Progress game and decide to port it to Freeciv, when done.

Currently, Freeciv allows to capture unit, but that's not I would like to have.

My system: When capturing city, dialog appears, allowing to made all citizens slavers, but save city, produce slavers unit and destroy city or conquer city (no slavers are created). When city is destroyed, some sort of tile resource is created. If we move caravan there, we can gather resource (gold), but the resource will exhausted.

What can made slavers? Slavers are workers, which we can join to city. When joined to city, it will create slaved citizen, which produces one less resource of each type. We could force slavery citizen to produce more shield, but in this way slavery citizen is killed (maybe not always. but there will be percentage chance). Slaver unit (special worker) is slower than worker, but it don't need support and again, we can force this unit to work faster than workers (in this case slaver unit will be killed).

Additionally slavers are always unhappy and they can revolt. We can make them content only by martial law and that's available on each government, where slavery is available.

What do you think? Any suggestions/help?
GriffonSpade
Elite

Re: Slavery system

Post by GriffonSpade »

Lachu wrote:...slavers...
What do you think? Any suggestions/help?
Important usage note: Slavers are people that enslave others, not to be confused with slaves.
sveinung
Elite

Re: Slavery system

Post by sveinung »

Not sure if I understood what you were trying to say correctly. In case I was: You could hook the slave taking part into the "Destroy City" action. See unit_do_destroy_city(). You could make it ruleset configurable if the city is destroyed without any side effects or if (some of) it's population is (/has a probability of being) enslaved. (Being enslaved = become a special unit owned by the attacker but with the nationality of the city owner)