Possible bug with harbour

Can you help improve your favourite game? Hardcore C mages, talented artists, and players with any level of experience are welcome!
julijan91

Possible bug with harbour

Post by julijan91 »

Hi everyone,

I may have found a bug, built a harbour in my city which is next to ocean tiles but the input from whales is still 2/1/2, I would expect it to be 3/1/2 in the city overview.

I buought the harbour 2-3 turns before it was going to be built, next turn it was built as expected, but the city seems to be receiving the same amount of food from the whales.

Attaching a screenshot.

Regards,
Julijan
julijan91

Re: Possible bug with harbour

Post by julijan91 »

For some reason the image was not attached, probably because I'm new on the forum.
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

You're under Despotism. If a tile outputs more than 2 of anything, that output is reduced by one. So yes, the whale probably gives 3/1/2, but the food output is reduced by one because it's too great.
I'm not sure, but you might be able to see this by middle-clicking the tile on the overview map. At least tiles that give more than 2 without the need for city improvements (e.g. Plains(Wheat)[Irrigation]) will display something like 3(-1)/1/0.
~ AVL
julijan91

Post by julijan91 »

That was it, thanks! Once I researched monarchy and switched to it I did get 3/1/2. Unfortunately the middle click on a map in city overview behaved the same as LMB would.

Should I update the topic title to include [SOLVED]?
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

julijan91 wrote:Unfortunately the middle click on a map in city overview behaved the same as LMB would.
I meant the regular map, outside the city dialog. It should bring up a (potentially huge) box with information about the terrain type, specials, improvements, national ownership, your relation to the owner, a present city and publicly visible buildings, present units you can see (and your chances of winning in combat if you have a unit selected)...
~ AVL