Wrong message about reason action isn't possible

Can you help improve your favourite game? Hardcore C mages, talented artists, and players with any level of experience are welcome!
Lachu
Elite

Wrong message about reason action isn't possible

Post by Lachu »

server/unithand.c:
_("This unit is to far away from its target to act."));
Should be:
_("This unit is too far away from its target to act."));

There's more similar typo.
dunnoob
Elite

Re: Wrong message about reason action isn't possible

Post by dunnoob »

Lachu wrote:There's more similar typo.
Unanswered forum posts make me nervous, see HRM 706821, I found only one more s/to/too/ near your nit.

Slightly convoluted procedure, go to my GitHub account, click on "stars", go to Freeciv, go to server/unithand.c, click on "raw", right-click "save as" unithand.c, rename to wrong.unithand.c, copy to patch.unithand.c, fix (edit) the latter, run diff -uw wrong.unithand.c patch.unithand.c, if the output makes sense run it again redirected to unithand.c.patch, go to HRM account, go to Freeciv, go to issues, click new, pick category server, enter one line with a pingback to this thread, attach the prepared unithand.c.patch, and let's see what happens. 8-)
cazfi
Elite

Re: Wrong message about reason action isn't possible

Post by cazfi »

dunnoob wrote:Slightly convoluted procedure, go to my GitHub account, click on "stars", go to Freeciv, go to server/unithand.c, click on "raw", right-click "save as" unithand.c, rename to wrong.unithand.c, copy to patch.unithand.c, fix (edit) the latter, run diff -uw wrong.unithand.c patch.unithand.c, if the output makes sense run it again redirected to unithand.c.patch, go to HRM account, go to Freeciv, go to issues, click new, pick category server, enter one line with a pingback to this thread, attach the prepared unithand.c.patch, and let's see what happens. 8-)
Uuurgh. How about install Msys2 as Development Environment and do 'git diff' there? (or, preferably, 'git commit' on your own development branch, and 'git format-patch ...', and provide ready-to-digest patch, with your committer id and all, for us. This leaves least work for us -> probably faster processing of your patch)