Attitude Ai project

Can you help improve your favourite game? Hardcore C mages, talented artists, and players with any level of experience are welcome!
i1abnrk

Attitude Ai project

Post by i1abnrk »

I am working on an AI module for freeciv called 'attitude'. It takes the idea from Civ4 to give nation leaders a disparate AI. At the moment it adds no functionality but it compiles with trunk. I have a repo if you want more current information. Collaboration is welcome. https://github.com/i1abnrk/fc_attitudeai
i1abnrk

Re: Attitude Ai project

Post by i1abnrk »

Also I would like to note that I am quite new to C programming, having only recently come to understand it. I am nervous about my erasure patterns, etc. as I am still a novice with the nuts and bolts. I appeal to those able to proof my code, this would be greatly appreciated.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Have you thought about the schedule yet? Current freeciv trunk is about 2.6 development, but it will be branched to S2_6 in 02-Jan. To make your work to function with freeciv-2.6, there can't be much changes to freeciv proper to support it (you need to work with what is already there) If you set freeciv-3.0 as your target, we can work together to make necessary changes to freeciv side.
i1abnrk

Post by i1abnrk »

I'm working to make it modular, as a patch to freeciv proper. The only change to proper is single entries to select Makefile.am and configure.ac, and a Makefile.am in module directory. I have a build script that updates freeciv-trunk and patches on the fly with trunk. Once I have a functional module I'll port it back to stable revisions in 2.4 and 2.5 and I suppose 2.6. I want to make it compatible so it saves its data in a different file so the savefile can be loaded without the module in standard freeciv, if the user wishes. That's a general roadmap.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

I'm certainly interested in having hack-a-bit session with this to gain some insight once we get releasing 2.5.0 and branching S2_6 out of the way.