Windows testing

Freeciv builds other than releases, for people to test.
cazfi
Elite

Re: Windows testing

Post by cazfi »

New S2_6 build: http://download.gna.org/freeciv/package ... ha+r32928/

We're getting close to network protocol freeze.
dunnoob
Elite

Post by dunnoob »

Great, I'll check it. The 32875 crosser server (win32 on a Windows 7 x64 box) misses an exchndl.dll, but stops to whine if I just copy a February 2.5.99alpha DLL into its path. It's also unhappy with ~ (tilde), claiming that it will ignore it, but a FREECIV_PATH fixes this (only a HOME doesn't help). In that case I have to ignore the 3.0 warning, but apparently there will be anyway a 2.7 before 3.0.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

One thing I'd want to know test result about is if the client's show (in their main menu pages) version number and revision with word "modified" or not. bug #24449 should be fixed in this build, but I'd want confirmation that it really works.
dunnoob
Elite

Post by dunnoob »

crosser at work.png
Edited: No that doesn't look as if it were related to bug 24449, sorry. Just in case, I tested your 32785 build as found on downloads.gna with your crosser 1.0 build as found on sourceforge.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

dunnoob
Elite

Post by dunnoob »

dunnoob wrote:
Great, I'll check it.
Random 32928 observations: Two AIs were at "great library in next turn" and dropped it, therefore I got it. I've never seen such an odd AI behaviour before, but possibly they were hit by barbarians. Buoys get a large flag, but apparently no border. I started the game with amplio2, because I've not yet upgraded map2oil (for normal flags + old amplio ruins + tons of not yet copied 2.6 amplio2 improvements by GriffonSpade).
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

dunnoob wrote:Buoys get a large flag, but apparently no border.
Yeah, the borders hack to get vision working is no longer needed with freeciv-2.6 engine. The flag is there to indicate who owns the base, and thus gets the vision, since it's no longer necessarily the same player who owns the border.
dunnoob
Elite

Post by dunnoob »

cazfi wrote: it's no longer necessarily the same player who owns the border.
Major change, almost all buoys I build are intended to steal whales + fish (for me or nobody), the vision is only a nice side-effect. :P
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

dunnoob wrote:almost all buoys I build are intended to steal whales + fish (for me or nobody), the vision is only a nice side-effect. :P
You can add it back in the ruleset. It's just not needed any more for the buoy intentional functionality of giving information about the enemy ship moves.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »