Missing Icons

Can you help improve your favourite game? Hardcore C mages, talented artists, and players with any level of experience are welcome!
Arbogast
Elite

Missing Icons

Post by Arbogast »

Being playing the Experimental ruleset, and I noticed the lack of icons for the Hospital and the Genetic lab.
The game I'm playing is with the Amplio2, I'm wondering... Those Icons need developing?
In fact, shouldn't the Star Fort and the City Defenses should they have their own Icons too?
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Re: Missing Icons

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Star Fort and City Defenses are added by a custom ruleset(default3+) not one of those that come with the standard freeciv installation, so you'd have to contact the ruleset's author about that.
However, I agree that the Hospital and Genetic Lab need graphics. And I'm sure when the time has come to put them into the default ruleset, alongside the disease mechanic, sprites for them will be made.
~ AVL
JTN
Elite

Post by JTN »

Caedo wrote:However, I agree that the Hospital and Genetic Lab need graphics. And I'm sure when the time has come to put them into the default ruleset, alongside the disease mechanic, sprites for them will be made.
We'd accept art for them even before that. See gna bug #20533.
Arbogast
Elite

Post by Arbogast »

I found this icon somewhere in the net but couldn't find the link again, however, I'm 99% sure is rights free.
This could be used for the Hospital graphics in the "experimental" ruleset.
Attachments
hospital.png
hospital.png (8.07 KiB) Viewed 13255 times
ngunjaca
Veteran

Post by ngunjaca »

Yes the icon is free for use, it is my first painting try for the hospital gfx, it will be part of the nextended mod and the devs can use it in their experimental ruleset if they want. nextended mod is released under GPL2 so there should not be any problems with it.
Arbogast
Elite

Post by Arbogast »

Thank God, ngunjaca!
Here I was running all over the net looking for the author and he was here all along... :D
Nice job on that, now if you could give us the Genetics Laboratory, that would be peachy :mrgreen:
Ignatus
Elite

Post by Ignatus »

2017 is ending, 2.6beta is released, still no graphics for hospital is in the distribution :(
dunnoob
Elite

Post by dunnoob »

Ignatus wrote:2017 is ending, 2.6beta is released, still no graphics for hospital is in the distribution :(
Patch in HRM 720970. You can copy the large hospital from the Wiki to data/buildings and add one line about it in data/misc/buildings_large.spec with a text editor (not notepad.exe) if you need it NOW.
Dino the Dinosore
Hardened

Post by Dino the Dinosore »

Is there a Genetic Lab graphic anywhere?
Ignatus
Elite

Post by Ignatus »

Long awaited thing but probably no yet. Do you know anybody who can make an icon of a futuristic bilding with a DNA on a signboard?