Freeciv-tao-client

Can you help improve your favourite game? Hardcore C mages, talented artists, and players with any level of experience are welcome!
cazfi
Elite

Re: Freeciv-tao-client

Post by cazfi »

Lachu wrote:I updated data/gui-tao/Freeciv/gui-gtk-3.0/Makefile.am and ran ./autogen --enable-client=tao, but Makefile/Makefile.in wasn't update. I decided to remove dirty files and ran ./autogen --enable-client=tao, but missing files wasn't recreated.
'Makefile.am -> Makefile.in' requires that upper level Makefile.am lists directory in SUBDIRS. Does data/Makefile.am list gui-tao there?
'Makefile.in -> Makefile' requires that Makefile (with path) is listed in configure.ac list of files to handle
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

The problem was solved. There's no patch to Makefile in configure.ac, but thanks for help.

Yesterday I've created modpack using libgreattao. There you are link https://gna.org/patch/index.php?7678 . Movies demonstrating how it works should come soon.
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

There you are movie demonstrating how freeciv-mp-tao works. Sorry for bad quality of movie, but there's an bugs on plasma's compositor.
https://youtu.be/6qeUdal3e9c
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

When running fcgui I got message
0: No usable default tileset found, aborting

I think it's because version number message(I found one is in tileset and probably client provides other).
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

I solved the error by change value from FALSE to TRUE in gui_is_view_supported.
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

Two questions:
1. How to start server?
2. How to call add_net_input?
louis94
Hardened

Post by louis94 »

I can't answer (1) for sure. When doing client work, I usually spawn a server from the command line, and I use the -a client option to get connected automatically. This is also the easiest to implement, just pass any command line argument to client_main().
For (2), you need to call real_timer_callback (client_main.h:111) at specified time intervals (see the implementation for details). It will do a lot of things, including calling your add_net_input implementation and autoconnecting to a server if the -a argument was given.

Louis
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

For (1) better is using unix exec function or C system function? There's difference how system works on Windows and Unix.
mir3x
Veteran

Post by mir3x »

ffs
client_start_server()
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

Because I stop working, I report last problem message:
1: Could not load gfx file "misc/techs".

It's quirk. *gfx_fileextensions in stub returns png as file extension, but gui don't load it.